MaKensay Real Estate Services, Inc. designs its management services around five integrated disciplines that together provide a comprehensive and methodical approach insuring each property’s potential is achieved. The areas of concentration are as follows:
1. Asset Management Goals and Financial Structure – Each property has unique goals, time constraints, and financial structures. These constraints dictate the purpose of our efforts. We attempt to integrate the goals of our clients with the needs and demands of the property into a clearly defined program. This program then guides our management efforts, whether it be to prepare the property for sale, to refinance the asset, or to maximize the property’s long term value.
2. Tenant Relations and Policies – It is important to establish clear lines of communication between the owner, the property manager and the tenants. Tenants are the lifeblood of our buildings. We need to know what they need and want, and deliver it to them in an efficient and economical manner. It is important to create a spirit of cooperation and resolution while at the same time enforcing building rules and regulations.
3. Lease Administration – The foundation of good Lease Administration is a quality computer based invoicing and monitoring system and comprehensive organized lease files. MaKensay’s computer accounting system is developed around a detail tenant/lease profile. From this profile the accounting system monitors rental increases, expense stops, lease expiration dates and any other monthly charges.
4. Physical Plant Management and Property Engineering Services – Our managers and/or contract staff evaluate each asset from a preventative maintenance perspective as opposed to a reactive maintenance perspective. Preventative maintenance of building systems saves our clients money and over the long run extends their useful life.
5. Accounting, Budgeting and Financial Management – Critical to the management of any property is the immediate access to current and accurate accounting reports. The Skyline Accounting system offers this not only at month end but throughout the accounting cycle. Skyline is a computerized accounting and financial reporting system designed specifically for the commercial property management industry. Skyline automates the billing calculations by handling any type of lease clause. It is designed for easy information recovery and is fully networked in our office allowing simultaneous multi-user access to the program.
The following is a small sample of MaKensay’s property management experience:
1100 Second Ave. Seattle, WA
5 story mid-rise office building with ground floor retail and parking
1401 E. Jefferson St. Seattle, WA 98122
5 story concrete office building over levels of structured parking.
419 Occidental Ave. S. Seattle, WA 98104
7 story historic office building with the famous FX McRory’s restaurant located on the 1st floor.
619/625 Western Avenue Seattle, WA
6 story mid-rise office and light manufacturing and artist loft buildings
1119 First Avenue Seattle, WA
4 story historic rehab building with restaurants, office space and retail space